New research that identifies and describes the cognitive abilities used in airfield operations, as well as the limitations and potential complications of current practices. The research should identify methods for mitigating risks inherent to human performance and should identify and/or recommend best practices for developing or improving these abilities.
Behind the idea, the output should address the following questions:
• How much removal is adequate to prevent confusion in the cockpit?
• How much tolerance is there for altering the pavement surface?
• Are there mechanical... more »
Develop a primer to introduce airports to blockchain technology, describe potential use cases, and offer guidance to incorporating blockchain into their airport's operations.
• What is blockchain?
• Airport use cases
• Survey of airport-specific applications and vendors
• Implementing/converting to blockchain technology
- Overview of A-CDM operations management,
- Benefits of A-CDM operations management for the community of the stakeholders of the airport operations,
- Guidance for developing an A-CDM operations management organization, the related tools, and CDM-friendly... more »
This research for the guidebook will focus on two parts: Part 1 of... more »
The playbook would be designed for people on-the-go who can pick it up, read it for a few minutes and take away key talent planning ideas that can be implemented... more »
Identify practices that airports and their public health partners have successfully used to prevent and mitigate the transmission of communicable diseases.
This project will create a practical guide that provides airport managers and other key personnel with day-to-day strategies to help combat human trafficking at airports. The need for this guidance was identified at the May 2018 ACRP insight event on economic and social sustainability.
Define evidence-based, practical tools for airports interested in supporting anti-human trafficking efforts, through a project that complements and keep step with efforts at the USDOT and FAA, as well as those of a Congressionally-directed Federal Advisory Committee and its recommendation, due out July 3, 2019.