The goal of this research project is to provide airport operators with guidance and tools to evaluate the effectiveness of their Wildlife Hazard Management Plan (WHMP) to reduce wildlife strike risks to aviation.
The project also will provide guidance regarding how airport operators,... more »
The objective of this research is to develop guidance for airports to quantitatively identify the contributions of airfield pavement deicers to environmentally relevant characteristics of stormwater discharges, such as COD and BOD.
• Create an electronic resources library – preferably a website. This searchable electronic library should provide an inventory of available publications including the abstracts and index of ACRP research documents and non-ACRP research documents related to airside planning, design and operations.
• Recommend a process for keeping the website up-to-date.
• Identify which... more »
Develop guidelines for the design of runway infrastructure to meet the unique needs of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). The output of the research could be a guidebook to help practitioners design aviation facilities dedicated to safely and efficiently meet the operational requirements of UAVs of various sizes and configurations.
Develop updated academic curriculums and requirements to cultivate airport industry professionals to meet existing and future needs.
New research that identifies and describes the cognitive abilities used in airfield operations, as well as the limitations and potential complications of current practices. The research should identify methods for mitigating risks inherent to human performance and should identify and/or recommend best practices for developing or improving these abilities.
Behind the idea, the output should address the following questions:
• How much removal is adequate to prevent confusion in the cockpit?
• How much tolerance is there for altering the pavement surface?
• Are there mechanical... more »
Develop a primer to introduce airports to blockchain technology, describe potential use cases, and offer guidance to incorporating blockchain into their airport's operations.
• What is blockchain?
• Airport use cases
• Survey of airport-specific applications and vendors
• Implementing/converting to blockchain technology
- Overview of A-CDM operations management,
- Benefits of A-CDM operations management for the community of the stakeholders of the airport operations,
- Guidance for developing an A-CDM operations management organization, the related tools, and CDM-friendly... more »