The objective of this research is to provide a resource for state aviation agencies to identify and implement project prioritization methods that would be effective and appropriate for their agency.
The objective of the research is to update the Marketing Guide for Small Airports to include business-to-business marketing and digital media thus resulting in a new model for business-to-business marketing for smaller airports.
Practical, usable, efficient, and fair methods for clarifying use of operational airspace near to the ground
• Create an electronic resources library – preferably a website. This searchable electronic library should provide an inventory of available publications including the abstracts and index of ACRP research documents and non-ACRP research documents related to airside planning, design and operations.
• Recommend a process for keeping the website up-to-date.
• Identify which... more »
Behind the idea, the output should address the following questions:
• How much removal is adequate to prevent confusion in the cockpit?
• How much tolerance is there for altering the pavement surface?
• Are there mechanical... more »
Install and operate a low cost remote tower solution using COTS/FAA approved radar only FOD detection solution (currently in operation at Heathrow) combined with an optical aircraft tail number/aircraft counter system/situational awareness system.
• Enhancing SA and ORM for personnel other than those manning the Flight Safety... more »
Demonstrate an autonomous system that meets flight requirements for
small airports and commercial operators.
To further categorize Airport Surface Deviations causal factors in terms of airport design and operational characteristics.
The objective of this applied project is to demonstrate the cost
effective utility and implementation of advanced surveillance, sensing,
or sequencing systems for terminal air traffic services.
performance under conditions of task saturation. While task saturation
is listed as a top 10 safety concern, there is little to no evidence
that there are interventions in place to mitigate its impact on human
performance. This research will produce an intervention (training, tool,
etc.) that will be made available to airports nationwide for
their use. The... more »