The objective of this research project is to develop more topic-specific in-depth training courses and materials to build upon the courses developed under the 02-61 project to create an "Airport Stormwater 201" curriculum.
The efficacy of creating a standardized credentialing system that is paperless.
Develop airport-specific Incident Command System training courses at the ICS-100 and ICS-200 levels that meets NIMS training standards as established by the National Incident Management System Training Program.
FAA design guidance regarding grade issues for intersecting runways leaves a fair amount of discretion to the design engineer. This topic will seek to provide additional guidance regarding gradient requirements and best practices.
New research that identifies and describes the cognitive abilities used in airfield operations, as well as the limitations and potential complications of current practices. The research should identify methods for mitigating risks inherent to human performance and should identify and/or recommend best practices for developing or improving these abilities.
Develop a simplified airport emissions inventory tool for criteria pollutants.
Practical, usable, efficient, and fair methods for clarifying use of operational airspace near to the ground
• Create an electronic resources library – preferably a website. This searchable electronic library should provide an inventory of available publications including the abstracts and index of ACRP research documents and non-ACRP research documents related to airside planning, design and operations.
• Recommend a process for keeping the website up-to-date.
• Identify which... more »
Behind the idea, the output should address the following questions:
• How much removal is adequate to prevent confusion in the cockpit?
• How much tolerance is there for altering the pavement surface?
• Are there mechanical... more »
- Overview of the green taxiing solutions and their typical concepts of operations,
- Impact of these systems on airport operations, planning and design.
The research project includes producing or collecting:
- An inventory of the existing and prospective... more »
Develop guidelines for the design of runway infrastructure to meet the unique needs of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). The output of the research could be a guidebook to help practitioners design aviation facilities dedicated to safely and efficiently meet the operational requirements of UAVs of various sizes and configurations.
Updated requirements for runway vertical curves for longitudinal grade changes, mainly for ICAO Code F aircraft and New Large Aircraft (NLA)
Practical Guidance for Designing and Constructing Airport Service Road Pavements for Non-Conventional Load Configurations