The objective of this research is to develop a guidebook to help airport practitioners identify and quantify benefits, costs and the economic impact of business diversity programs.
Should an airport be run by the City, an Authority, in partnership with a Private party (PPP) or totally privatized (European model). What will be the best option for the airport?
The goal of this research is to provide airports with best practices for addressing the homeless at airports.
The objective of this research is to develop guidance for airports to quantitatively identify the contributions of airfield pavement deicers to environmentally relevant characteristics of stormwater discharges, such as COD and BOD.
New research that identifies and describes the cognitive abilities used in airfield operations, as well as the limitations and potential complications of current practices. The research should identify methods for mitigating risks inherent to human performance and should identify and/or recommend best practices for developing or improving these abilities.
• Create an electronic resources library – preferably a website. This searchable electronic library should provide an inventory of available publications including the abstracts and index of ACRP research documents and non-ACRP research documents related to airside planning, design and operations.
• Recommend a process for keeping the website up-to-date.
• Identify which... more »
Behind the idea, the output should address the following questions:
• How much removal is adequate to prevent confusion in the cockpit?
• How much tolerance is there for altering the pavement surface?
• Are there mechanical... more »
Develop guidelines for the design of runway infrastructure to meet the unique needs of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). The output of the research could be a guidebook to help practitioners design aviation facilities dedicated to safely and efficiently meet the operational requirements of UAVs of various sizes and configurations.
Develop a primer to introduce airports to blockchain technology, describe potential use cases, and offer guidance to incorporating blockchain into their airport's operations.
• What is blockchain?
• Airport use cases
• Survey of airport-specific applications and vendors
• Implementing/converting to blockchain technology
Develop updated academic curriculums and requirements to cultivate airport industry professionals to meet existing and future needs.
- Overview of A-CDM operations management,
- Benefits of A-CDM operations management for the community of the stakeholders of the airport operations,
- Guidance for developing an A-CDM operations management organization, the related tools, and CDM-friendly... more »