• Create an electronic resources library – preferably a website. This searchable electronic library should provide an inventory of available publications including the abstracts and index of ACRP research documents and non-ACRP research documents related to airside planning, design and operations.
• Recommend a process for keeping the website up-to-date.
• Identify which... more »
Conduct research to update the state-of-the-science regarding the feasibility of reducing or eliminating noise in communities from aircraft departures, specifically behind the start of takeoff roll, with active noise reduction technology.
Conduct research on airport noise and emissions regulations,
requirements, programs in place at U.S. airports, including the impetus
for each, legal authority and impact.
Flight procedures are a key element to predicting and minimizing noise impacts. Deviations from these procedures are causing unnecessary community noise exposure. Identifying deviation-related increases in noise and ways to minimize the deviations will help to reduce noise in communities in the vicinity of airports.
Aviation accident data has limitations for establishing airport safety zones used to guide airport-vicinity land use decisions. Establishing uniform reporting criteria across responsible agencies will assist local jurisdictions to define safety zones and apply them to maintain airport viability.
- Overview of the green taxiing solutions and their typical concepts of operations,
- Impact of these systems on airport operations, planning and design.
The research project includes producing or collecting:
- An inventory of the existing and prospective... more »
The research will characterize the changes in community noise impacts due to the implementation of RNP procedures. It will provide a solid picture of the character and scope of the problem through case studies and noise modeling. Possible mitigation strategies will be explored detailing the advantages and disadvantages of each approach supported by parametric noise analyses.
Install and operate a low cost remote tower solution using COTS/FAA approved radar only FOD detection solution (currently in operation at Heathrow) combined with an optical aircraft tail number/aircraft counter system/situational awareness system.
Determine if airport operations can be accurately counted using ADS-B data.