Airports are increasingly interested in bringing multi-disciplines together in a common environment to improve collaborative decision making during regular and irregular operations. Guidance on how to plan and design for these centers is needed.
Bring to ready attention both some common utilized apps for typical business purposes as well as specialize apps for other functional purposes.
The USGS will be releasing the Earthquake Early Warning System for public use in 2018. All airports in the west will need to understand how this will directly impact shutdown of critical infrastructure, alerting to the public and changes in the airport safety systems.
To determine best practices for providing backup transportation within an airport for the following situations:
- Aircraft emergencies, where passengers must deplane an aircraft and be bused to a terminal
- Planned and unplanned outages of alternative intra-airport transportation systems such as trains.
• Create an electronic resources library – preferably a website. This searchable electronic library should provide an inventory of available publications including the abstracts and index of ACRP research documents and non-ACRP research documents related to airside planning, design and operations.
• Recommend a process for keeping the website up-to-date.
• Identify which... more »
Demonstrate an autonomous system that meets flight requirements for
small airports and commercial operators.
Develop airport-specific Incident Command System training courses at the ICS-100 and ICS-200 levels that meets NIMS training standards as established by the National Incident Management System Training Program.
Training and professional development of airport emergency managers is needed to orient new airport emergency managers to the special operational, regulatory, safety, administrative, and cultural aspects of functioning at an airport. This is becoming more urgent as more and more often airports are hiring emergency managers whose experience has been outside aviation.
Development of a microgrid standard framework (Technical, Financial, Regulatory, Permitting) solution which can apply to all airports across the country. Due to the complexity of the airports' operation and numbers of stakeholders and decision-makers, this comprehensive solution has not been developed.
- Loss of NAVIADS
- The airport has power... more »
performance under conditions of task saturation. While task saturation
is listed as a top 10 safety concern, there is little to no evidence
that there are interventions in place to mitigate its impact on human
performance. This research will produce an intervention (training, tool,
etc.) that will be made available to airports nationwide for
their use. The... more »