The main objectives of this idea are providing the U.S. airport industry and their stakeholders (airlines, ATO, ground handling service providers, etc.) with the following:
- Overview of the green taxiing solutions and their typical concepts of operations,
- Impact of these systems on airport operations, planning and design.
The research project includes producing or collecting:
- An inventory of the existing and prospective green taxiing solutions,
- An evaluation of the impacts on planning and design,
- An evaluation of the impacts on ground and airport operations and safety,
- A preliminary compliance assessment of the technologies and concept of operations with the U.S. and local standards and regulations on design and operations.
The final deliverable shall include:
- A guidebook.