The main objectives of this idea are providing the U.S. airport industry and their stakeholders (airlines, ATO, ground handling service providers, etc.) with the following:
- Overview of the green taxiing solutions and their typical concepts of operations,
- Impact of these systems on airport operations, planning and design,
- Benefits for the environmental footprint and guidance for integrating the deployment of these technologies into noise/gas emission modelling and airport environmental policies.
The research project includes producing or collecting:
- An inventory of the existing and prospective green taxiing solutions,
- An evaluation of the impacts on planning and design,
- An evaluation of the impacts on ground and airport operations and safety,
- A preliminary compliance assessment of the technologies and concept of operations with the U.S. and local standards and regulations on design and operations,
- An evaluation of the benefits of these solutions on the environmental footprint of the airport,
- Guidance for integrating the deployment of these technologies into noise/gas emission modelling and airport "green policies".
The final deliverable shall include:
- A guidebook.